Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blues of a former Red - No pun intended.

So I went to England with my father, we arrived at London. We had to be in Liverpool the next day for a business and on our way there, we stayed in a renthouse for a sleepover before continuing our journey.

In the morning, I realised we shared the house with a former Red star, who was on his way to London, I then went to his room and actually saw him packing up his stuff. I went to his table and saw a photo and I couldn't help but being sarcastic, "so this is a desk owned by someone who thinks he is still a Liverpool player". I saw him stood up, mad, trying to run against me. I stood still and walked slowly out of the room never looked back without a word.

I took my stuff out of my room, ready to put it in the car. I dropped by the player's room again. I saw a face of sulking and despair. I went to him to apologize, shook his hand and gave him a man-hug. I wished him good luck at Chelsea and that Liverpool fans will be missing him. He couldn't help it, he bursted into tears. I tried to calm him down by saying he's the champion of the world - referring to the 2010 World Cup, which was unrelated in any way. I immediately went out to the car.




The photo on the desk was a picture of the Liverpool squad and he was in the Red's jersey throughout the dream.

No comments: