Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good morning, class!

I just entered the University 2 days ago. Yesterday I had a lot of fun at FASS. Today and tomorrow, it’s a whole different ball game.. at SHBIE.

The pressure has been added up when she who stood in front of the hall reminded us that we will all be role models in and outside of the field. In? Yes, I can understand that. But outside?

What have we got to say when a group of students recalls “I saw him at Gadong last night laughing non-stop with his friends like a maniac but today he’s a total hypocrite asking us to keep quiet the whole time.”

I did well in all three peer teaching practise (so I’ve been told by the lecturers – hope they weren't lying) but one thing to keep in mind is that those were only one-off teachings with at least 3 days of preparation for each class.. and I was just
practising. See if I can bring it with me and keep up with it in the real field. I hope I might do just as well. Amin..

16 March 2010. 10AM. Loo's lecture.

The good thing is I believe that all this is mere paranoia.

At the same time, I never stop wondering why time flies very fast. Are we ready to step our feet on this professional setting? But seriously, why this paranoia? Is our youth the cause of it all?

All in all, I know it is customary for words and thoughts to haunt our minds at this point in time because in the end we all know they were only words and thoughts. We know the classroom is just a stage, and the teacher is the actor – so what’s the big deal? We’ve all been acting since the day we first breathed oxygen.

Adios~



P/S: I had a good time with you today Sayang ;)

No comments: