Sunday, October 26, 2008

a busy week

it has been a busy week and now i already feel like i am on a holiday.

there will be no sociolinguistic lecture and tutorial next week. the lecture's gonna be tomorrow (monday) morning. early in the morning. 

there should be no monday blues for me. it's been a tiring month though. what i meant was that i was given a month to finish my sociolinguistic assignment. really, i was very tired. i spent the whole month doing the assignment. i even joined a conference on the topic sapir-whorf hypothesis/linguistic relativity held by my colleagues. that's how good i am. i am proud of myself. i borrowed lots of books in advance, the early bird catches the worm. i could see 1st-year undergraduates cluelessly standing in front of the book-machine, trying to figure out how to use it without any mistake. every hour i analysed thoroughly every book i had just to avoid missing subtle details that could enrich the content of my essay. i re-typed my draft. and.. done.


reality:

i still have another class every monday morning.
it's not been a tiring month. i enjoyed my raya.
i finished my assignment within a day.
i didn't join the conference.
i'm not that good.
am i proud of myself? i don't know.
the last person to go to the library. i went there on a friday morning before i started typing.
all paramount books were already checked out. i was too.. tooo late.
that was me, a 2nd-year undergraduate borrowing books. for the first time.
i didn't analyse the books thoroughly.
i didn't analyse all of them.
i didn't do my draft. i went straight to the final draft.
and.. heck, i am still done.

:D


ahh.. names of the week: edward sapir and benjamin lee whorf. till we meet again, sirrrrrr!
you might wanna check out rayna's post on what i mean by names of the week.

see ya.


No comments: